Thursday 15 October 2015

I have not yet got primary photographs to start developing my technique with, however, i knew that i would be focusing on portraiture as a way to communicate a transplant recipient/s personal story, so i decided to use photographs of transplant patients from the organ donation website to experiment with a style of illustrating. because the photographs come with captions informing viewers what is wrong with them and other elements of their lives, i felt this would influence and connect to my empathic side and inform my practice - using techniques i feel connotes sensitivity and my empathetic feelings towards the issue (person).

'"This is my son Daniel. He's 13months old, on dialysis 10hrs a day and needs a kidney transplant. Make a difference and join the organ donation register." #sayidonate'




No comments:

Post a Comment