Thursday 15 October 2015

contacting organ donation facebook page for primary source information and possible personal case studies

Hi, I have chosen to base my dissertation on the importance of organ donation and wondered weather you would be able to inform me of the current state of organ donation. I am an illustration student and am partially interested in how imagery can have a personal and empathetic impact on others and would love to be able to visually communicate a individuals case study and bring much needed attention to organ donation within my work. I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you! Rebecca Williamson
Hi Rebecca, thank you so much for your query. I have attached a link which may help you. However, if you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we can certainly help you further. All the best with your dissertation and your promotion of organ donation - Deborah. www.organdonation.nhs.uk/supporting-my-decision/statistics-about-organ-donation/
5 hours ago
Hi again smile emoticon,
i am underway with my dissertation i mentioned to you before which is discussing the need for increasing awareness of organ donation. For the practical element of my dissertation, i was hoping to illustrate individuals stories, to encourage empathy and hopefully lead to more people signing up to the register.

I was wondering whether you could help me, or put me in contact with someone who would be willing to speak to me and share their experience which i could document though delicate illustrations.

I was thinking about potentially creating a small book, drawing from several photographs which can be scanned and send to me which show milestones from a persons life, both good and bad, and teaming them up with quotes about these specific parts of their life, or how they was feeling in these photographs/point in their life. I plan to do this with a few people – If I can find willing participants.

i very much take pride in producing work which has a important and sensitive subject matter. i have previously worked with St. George's Crypt, the homeless shelter in Leeds where i illustrated a individuals journey to emphasise that the homeless should not be stereotyped.
here it the link to this work so can see the type of illustrations i could be creating.
Rebecca Williamson Illustration

thank you very much for your time,

Rebecca Williamson
Ba Hons Illustration student, leeds collage of art

No comments:

Post a Comment