Tuesday 13 October 2015

sending email to my cousin who has contact with an organ transplant patient

'Hi Suzanne! hope you're well! :)

I have started my dissertation project on organ donation and after talking to my tutors  they think I should create work with a personal element, telling someones story to bring awareness to organ donation, encouraging empathy in the hope this will lead more people to sign up to the donor register - instead of creating the usual advertising hard-hitting campaign poster.

I was wondering whether your friend would be interesting in being part of my practical project? This would involve either meeting him in person, or speaking over the phone or email if this isn’t possible, to get more information about his journey – this will give me ideas for the illustrations I want to create.

I was thinking about maybe creating a small book, drawing from several photographs he could scan and send to me which show milestones in his life, both good and badand teaming them up with quotes about these specific parts of his life, or how he was feeling in these photographs/point in his life. I plan to do this with a few people – If I can find willing participants, so the focus wouldn’t be just on him.

i can send some examples of my work so your friend/s can see the type of illustration style i have and will probably be using :)

not a problem if not! 

Bex 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment