Monday 22 June 2015

life stories of organ recipents on Organ donation facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/organdonationuk/app_139455886259855

"Having a transplant not only gave me a new zest for life, but made me appreciate just how important organ donation is..."


"My mother had kidney failure and my brother had a kidney transplant too. It's a hereditary condition, which has a slow progression; the kidney just gets smaller and smaller,"

Despite having a rare tissue type, Jacqueline was given the life-changing kidney transplant after being on the waiting list for around 18 months.

"Lines from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice, sum up how I feel perfectly. Life is calling me... I feel I have been, not once but, 'Twice Blessed'," said Jacqueline.

More than 25 years after her transplant,Jacqueline has well and truly found her sea legs having travelled around the globe including participating in one of sailing's most gruelling battles: the Fastnet yacht race...all whilst promoting the importance of organ donation and transplantation.



my reaction 
reading stories like these makes me even more determined to bring awareness to rogan donation. although i was a donor before starting this project, is has definitely made me realise how important it is and made me think about if i was in that position. 

accessibility - advantages and disadvantages. 
it was very easy for me to inform myself on organ donation and find peoples stories thanks to the facilities on offer on the facebook webpage etc, before the internet informing yourself on issues like this was probably a lot more fuss then people would be willing to make, showing how important the page is and can easily change someone else mind on organ donation as well.... however this page is not only the only easy accessed thing on the internet, there are so many things available to occupy people and therefore so much competition so promotion and advertising of the site/cause is vital to have any change of pulling people away from everything else we are bombarded with.

Before i activity searched for a Organ donation facebook page - i was no wiser one actually existed - yet i was immediately informed about a clothing sales at abacrombie... ?? doesn't seem right to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment