Sunday 20 April 2014

feedback from Matt



matt felt that i was thinking to much into this project and trying to think of ideas which were complicating my subject matter and what i need to show.
he suggested just refining my work and going back to my original idea/experiments of just drawing in detail the person of recognition to a high detail standard -

key pointers from Matts feedback :-

needs to be more critical of contextual research.

keep it simple and visually powerful.

"on occasions your ideas are too literal. though at other times they are immediate and dynamic. can you see the difference? be confident in your abilities and see how they can continue to evolve into something innovative."

^
after speaking to matt he said he felt that i was thinking to much into this project and trying to think of ideas which were complicating my subject matter and what i need to show.
he suggested just refining my work and going back to my original idea/experiments of just drawing in detail the person of recognition to a high detail standard -
the reason i steered away from this idea in origianally was because i felt it was not innovative, and wasn't really delivering the message of empowerment of what the women stood for, and i did not know weather people would recognise the women or understand my subject matter without it being explained in the illustrations.
however, matt advised me not to over complicate my ideas as the visual language of these pieces expresses the meaning i am trying to portrait without added aid of contexualising the work using a complex explanation. the simple choice of the people that i am using already give the viewer the means to perceive there own opinion, without making it too obvious, allowing them to think about why i have chosen these woman and choosing there own outcome. 

from no on, i think i will concentrate on trying to ways illustrate these women in detail, developing on my previous initial idea, however i will look into notable statues and other iconography to see how these people have been celebrated and see if i can develop my idea with the research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment